All filter options
Our new product NEKTON-PRE-VITAL + and its advantages
New product NEKTON-PRE-VITAL + and its advantages
NEKTON-PRE-VITAL+ is a combination of pure brewer's yeast (100% Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, inactive) and yeast cell walls. NEKTON-PRE-VITAL+ combines the advantages of the prebiotic and immunostimulatory effects of yeast cell walls with valuable nutrients of brewer's yeast.
Brewer's yeast is a by-product that arises during the production of beer. At the same time, it is a particularly high-quality feed supplement. It contains valuable nutrients and active ingredients and has been used as a remedy for over a hundred years.
Why is brewer's yeast healthy for birds?
- It contains numerous B vitamins, which are essential for various life functions. B vitamins are partly responsible for the nervous system and metabolism and have a positive effect on the bird's skin and plumage. This can make the feathers stronger. Birds also need the valuable B vitamins for a strong immune system.
- Brewer's yeast is rich in selenium and chromium. Chromium has a positive effect on the growth of birds. Selenium can strengthen the body's defenses.
- Brewer's yeast removes heavy metals from the body
- Brewer's yeast has a positive effect on the intestinal flora
- The amino acids contained in brewer's yeast are required, among other things, for cell and muscle tissue. In addition, these are particularly important for the formation of new plumage. An insufficient supply of the bird with amino acids can lead to a delayed change of feathers as well as disturbances of the feather morphology (such as, for example, curved or very soft feathers).
- In addition, brewer's yeast can have a positive influence on the beneficial microflora of the intestine.
Yeast cell wall products have increased in importance in animal nutrition in recent years and are used in the nutrition of various animals. Glucomannans are found in the cell wall of the yeast strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae. This natural complex consists of mannan oligosaccharides and beta-glucans, which can be isolated from brewer's yeast.
Mannan oligosaccharides have long been used in animals with stress-related intestinal diseases. These are natural fibers with a sugar-like structure, which have a positive effect on the formation of a healthy intestinal flora.
The effect of mannan oligosaccharides was investigated in several studies which showed that the use of MOS from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae could reduce the population of Escherichia coli and increase the population of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria in the caeca of chickens. As a result, the immune system in the intestine can also be strengthened. In addition, MOS lead to increased mucus formation in the intestinal cells and thus help to build up a protective layer that strengthens the defense against diseases. Pathogenic germs can no longer easily reach the intestinal wall and can be fended off more easily.
Beta-glucans are polysaccharides made up of glucose molecules that are linked by 1.3 - 1.6 glycosidic bindings. Glucans of this type bind to different receptors, to macrophages and dendritic cells in the intestine and trigger signals that cause these immune cells to migrate through the body via the lymph system and are already prepared when pathogens start their attacks. In this way, certain beta-glucans can indirectly contribute to the strengthening of a healthy immune system. The beta-glucans also fulfill important functions in digestion and thus promote intestinal health.
Furthermore, our new product NEKTON-PRE-VITAL + has the following advantages:
- It is a valuable supplier of various nutrients and active substances which can have a positive effect on the whole bird´s body
- It can positively influence the defense mechanisms of the bird
- It can have prebiotic effects on the beneficial microflora of the intestine and can naturally promote a balanced intestinal flora
- NEKTON-PRE-VITAL+ is a purely natural product without synthetic additives