The company Nekton GmbH takes the protection of your data seriously and adheres to the legal regulations of data protection. Personal data is only collected on this website to the technically necessary extent. Under no circumstances will the data collected be sold or passed on to third parties for any other reason.
The following policy gives you an overview of how we guarantee this protection and what kind of data is collected for what purpose.
Section 1 Name and contact details of the controller responsible for processing and the company’s data protection officer
The controller in accordance with Article 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the company NEKTON GmbH, Hoheneichstr. 19, 75210 Keltern, Tel: +49(0) 95460, Fax +49(0) 954626, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 2 Information about collecting personal data
(1) In the following, we shall provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that personally refers to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) In the event of you getting in touch with us by email or using a contact form, the data shared by you (your email address and your name and telephone number, where necessary) shall be saved by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer necessary or if statutory retention obligations exist that limit processing.
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our service or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 3 Your rights
You have the following rights relating to us with regard to personal data concerning you:
Section 4 Collecting personal data upon visiting our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, meaning if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Lit. f GDPR):
(2) The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
(3) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned and stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
(4) In addition, we use analysis services when you visit our website. More detailed explanations are given below.
Section 5 Using our contact form
(1) If you have any questions, we provide you with the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid email address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Other information can be provided voluntarily.
(2) The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Article 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
(3) The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
Section 6 More functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services (e.g. newsletter) that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you generally have to provide more personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing regulations apply.
(2) In some instances, we use external service providers for processing. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will find further information on this by entering your personal data or in the service description.
(4) If our service provider or partner is located in a state outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the service description.
Section 7 Using our online shop
(1) If you would like to place an order in our online shop, it is necessary for you to provide us with the personal data we require to process your order for the conclusion of the contract. The mandatory information required to process contracts is marked separately; further information is optional. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this purpose, we may pass on your payment data to our bank. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Lit. b GDPR.
You can optionally create a customer account through which we may store your data for later purchases. When creating an account under “My account”, the data you have provided will be stored revocably. You can delete all other data in the customer area, including your user account, at any time.
We may also process the information you provide to inform you of other interesting products in our range or to send you emails containing technical information.
(2) We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after [two years] we will limit processing, meaning your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(3) The order process is encrypted using TLS technology to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, especially financial data.
Section 8 Using our portal
(1) If you want to use our portal, you must register by entering your email address, a password of your choice and a freely selectable user name. There is no obligation to provide your real name; pseudonyms are permitted. We use the so-called ‘double opt-in’ procedure for registration, meaning your registration is not complete until you have first confirmed your registration via a confirmation email sent to you for this purpose by clicking on the link contained therein. If your confirmation is not received within [24 hours], your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. It is obligatory to provide the aforementioned data; all further information can be provided voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) When you use our portal, we store your data necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, including information on the method of payment, until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we store the data provided voluntarily by you for the duration of your use of the portal unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Article 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Lit. f GDPR.
(3) When you use the portal, your data may become accessible to other portal participants in accordance with the contractual performance. Members who are not registered will not receive any information about you. Your [user name and photo] are visible to all registered members regardless of whether or not you have shared them. On the other hand, your entire profile with the data you have released is visible to all members you have confirmed as personal contact. If you make content available to your personal contacts that you do not send by private message, this content can be viewed by third parties if your personal contact has given their approval. If you post things in public groups, these are visible to all registered members of the portal.
(4) The connection is encrypted using TLS technology to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, especially financial data.
Section 9 Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
Section 10 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use a so-called “double opt-in” procedure for registration for our newsletter. This means that after you register, we send an email to the email address given in which we ask you to confirm that you want us to send you the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. Furthermore, we store your IP address and the time of registration confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your email address alone is mandatory for sending the newsletter. Giving other, separately marked data is optional and is used to be able to address you personally. After giving confirmation, we store your email for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent given for receiving the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details in the legal notice.
(5) We do not analyse your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. We do not create a user profile from this. We do not use any web beacons or tracking pixels.
Section 11 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. This revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may file an objection to the processing. This is the case if processing is not particularly necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising an objection like this, we request that you explain the reasons as to why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time.
(4) You can inform us about your objection using the following contact data:
Germany, D-75210 Keltern – IKG Dammfeld
Phone: +49 7231/9546-0
Telefax: +49 7231/9546-26
Section 12 Data security
(1) We use the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we revert to 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in your browser’s lower status bar.
(2) We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Section 13 Google Web Fonts
This site uses Web Fonts provided by Google to uniformly display fonts. When you visit a site, your browser loads the required Web Fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you are using must connect to Google's servers. By doing so, Google is informed that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of presenting our online service in a uniform and appealing way. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6 Para. 1 Lit f GDPR.
A standard font will be used by your computer if your browser does not support Web Fonts.
Your Nekton GmbH